Friday, January 26, 2018

Through the Panama Canal

We went through the Panama Canal today.  It was remarkable.  I am currently not able to upload pictures which is unfortunate, because there are a few that I would really like to share.  The Queen Elizabeth went through the canal right before us, and it was cool to see.  We have a lot of new guys aboard now, which is interesting.  The new Captain is on board and has relieved the old captain who disembarked today.  For the first time on this trip, I'm slightly sad; I'm sad to see the guys go.  I'mm going to miss them.  We have to take on a lot of HFO before we get going across the Pacific, and we'll be doing that at anchorage.  We'll probably be departing sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening, and it definitely is going to be interesting going for such an extended period of time away from land.  I'm excited though.